Information for Club Plated Vehicles


When putting your vehicle on HVS for the first time, you will need to supply a photograph of the vehicle and be a financial club member.


The first step in registering your vehicle is to have your vehicle viewed for period compliance by the club registrar, John Amato — ring John on 0401 937 964 to arrange a viewing.


A Historic Vehicle Declaration (Form 1259) and an Application for Conditional Registration (form 1246) must be obtained from Service NSW and completed for the vehicle, signed by the club registrar and stamped with our club GLHAC stamp. (take completed form with you).


You must obtain a paper “Pink Slip” (safety report), check that your mechanic has paper “pink slips” when booking in as not all do.


Photocopy all paperwork as you will need to provide the registrar with copies of all forms. Take the completed Forms (1246 + 1259) plus the “pink slip” along with proof of identity, and ownership of vehicle to Service NSW and pay the registration and one-off plate fee.


It is a club requirement that you insure your vehicle. (very reasonable comprehensive insurance for HVS vehicles is obtainable from SHANNONS or NRMA VVC Classic Insurance.)


It is a requirement that you provide the club registrar with copies of all documents. i.e. Completed rego forms, “pink slip”, registration paper and insurance coverage plus a vehicle photo with plates attached.


All non club use of the vehicle must be entered in your logbook, (this includes a mechanic taking it for a test drive.)


When participating in club events a copy of our magazine or events calendar must be carried, you must keep the purple RMS “certificate of approved operations” in your vehicle.